Featherston Law Group
Free initial Consultation
Local314-400-2302 Toll Free888-203-1942
Contact Menu
Practice Areas View All
Melissa A. Featherston

Missouri residents: Will Jon Cryer's child support increase?

Child support cases certainly vary on a case by case basis. Missouri residents may be following what is sure to be a public child support battle involving actor Jon Cryer and his ex-wife. Although most parents aren't in the same financial situation he is, they can probably still relate to the overall issues at hand.

His ex-wife, Sarah Trigger, is requesting close to $90,000 a month in child support from the actor for their 13-year-old son. She has stated that since her time enjoying child custody of their son has increased, the amount of child support she receives should increase as well. Currently, Jon is ordered to pay $8,000 a month.

The petition filed with the court states that the child leads two different lifestyles that is dependent upon which parent he is with at any particular point in time. While he was apparently with his mother 4 percent of the time before, he will now be spending 50 percent of his time with her; and, for that reason, the mother feels he should be entitled to the same lifestyle with both parents. Sarah is an actress, but according to reports is not currently working.

Parents who pay or receive child support understand the complexity of some situations. Although most Missouri parents may not be ordered to pay as much as $90,000 a month, some can still struggle with the payment amount in their own cases. It can be important for parents on both sides of the situation to understand the applicable state laws and know their rights within those laws. While the courts certainly put the needs of the child first, a fair settlement can be reached if all parties are aware of the best course of action to take.

Source: ABC News, Jon Cryer's Ex Wants Nearly $90K Per Month in Child Support, Luchina Fisher, Oct. 29, 2013

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Featherston Law Group
Local314-400-2302 Toll Free888-203-1942